PDF copy available
Public data available
- Michalak, J., J. L. Lawler, D. R. Roberts, C. Carroll. “Disappearing, no-analog, and refuge climates in the protected areas of western North America.”
- Roberts, D. R., S. Ciuti, Q. Barber, C. Willier, S. E. Nielsen. “Accelerated seed dispersal along linear disturbances in the Canadian oil sands region.”
- Dormann, C., G. Guillera-Arroita, J. Calabrese, E. Matechou, V. Bahn, K. Bartón, C. Beale, S. Ciuti, J. Elith, K. Gerstner, J. Guélat, P. Keil, J. Lahoz-Monfort, J. Lennon, B. Reineking, D. R. Roberts, B. Schroeder, L. Pollock, W. Thuiller, D. Warton, B. Wintle, S. Wood, R. Wüest, and F. Hartig. (2018) “Model averaging in ecology: a review of Bayesian, information-theoretic, machine learning and other approaches.” Ecological Monographs, in press.
- Roberts, D. R., V. Bahn, S. Ciuti, M. S. Boyce, J. Elith, G. Guillera-Arroita, S. Hauenstein, J. J. Lahoz-Monfort, B. Schröder, W. Thuiller, D. I. Warton, B. A. Wintle, F. Hartig, and C. F. Dormann. (2017) “Cross-validation strategies for data with temporal, spatial, hierarchical, or phylogenetic structure.” Ecography, 40(8): 913-929.
- Carroll, C., D. R. Roberts, J. L. Michalak, J. L. Lawler, S. E. Nielsen, D. Stralberg, A. Hamann, B. H. McRae, R. Wang, T. (2017) “Scale-dependent complementarity of climatic velocity and environmental diversity for identifying priority areas for conservation under climate change.” Global Change Biology, 23(11): 4508-4520.
- Ding, C., S. G. Schreiber, D. R. Roberts, A. Hamann, J. S. Brouard. (2017) “Post-glacial biogeography of trembling aspen inferred from habitat models and genetic variance in quantitative traits.” Scientific Reports, 7: 4672.
- Roberts, D. R., A. Hamann. (2016) “Climate refugia and migration requirements in complex landscapes.” Ecography, 39(12): 1238-1246.
Corrected Supplementary Figures
- Carroll, C., J. L. Lawler, D. R. Roberts, A. Hamann. (2015) “Biotic and climatic velocity identify contrasting areas of vulnerability to climate change.” PLoS One, 10(10): e0140486.
- Roberts, D. R., A. Hamann. (2015) “Glacial refugia and modern genetic diversity of 22 western North American tree species.” Proceedings of the Royal Society B-Biological Sciences, 282: 1804.
- Hamann, A., D. R. Roberts, Q. Barber, C. Caroll, S. Nielsen. (2015) “Velocity of climate change algorithms for guiding conservation and management.” Global Change Biology, 21: 997-1004. [Response by Chen, 2015.]
- Isaac-Renton, M., D. R. Roberts, A. Hamann, H. Spiecker. (2014) “Douglas-fir plantations in Europe: a retrospective test of assisted migration to address climate change.” Global Change Biology, 20: 2607-2617.
- Roberts, D. R., S. E. Nielsen, G. B. Stenhouse. (2014) “Idiosyncratic responses of grizzly bear habitat based on projected changes in their food resources.” Ecological Applications, 24: 1144-1154.
- De la Torre, A., D. R. Roberts, S. Aitken. (2014) “Genome-wide admixture and ecological niche modeling reveal the maintenance of species boundaries despite long history of interspecific gene flow.” Molecular Ecology, 3(8): 2046-2059.
- Roberts, D. R., A. Hamann. (2012) “Predicting potential climate change impacts with bioclimate envelope models: a palaeoecological perspective.” Global Ecology and Biogeography, 21(2): 121-133.
- Roberts, D. R., A. Hamann. (2012). “Method selection for species distribution modelling: are temporally or spatially independent evaluations necessary?” Ecography, 35: 792-802.
- Roberts, D. R. (2013) “Biogeographic histories and genetic diversity of western North American tree species: implications for climate change.” PhD Thesis. University of Alberta. Academic supervisor: Dr. Andreas Hamann (permalink: http://hdl.handle.net/10402/era.31251)
- Roberts, D. R. (Nov.18, 2014) Velocity of climate change algorithms for guiding conservation and management. Presentation for Natural and human-assisted adaptation of forests to climatic constraints: the relevance of interdisciplinary approaches. Orléans, France.
- Barber, Q., S. Nielsen, D. R. Roberts, E. J. Macura, A. Hamann (Jul. 16, 2014) Velocity of climate change algorithms for conservation and management applications. Presentation for the North American Congress on Conservation Biology. Missoula, Montana, USA.
- Roberts, D. R. (Oct. 9, 2014) Conservation and management of western North American trees in complex landscapes. Presentation for the 2014 IUFRO World Congress. Salt Lake City, Utah, USA.
- Roberts, D. R. (Jul. 23, 2013) Glacial refugia and modern genetic diversity of western North American tree species. Presentation for the Forest Genetics 2013 Conference. Whistler, British Columbia, Canada.
- Roberts, D. R. (Aug. 18, 2011) Refugial histories of western North American trees: taking species distribution models further into phylogeography. Presentation for the Canadian Forest Genetics Association (CFGA) Conference. Lakehead University, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.
- Roberts, D. R. (Feb. 2010) Learning from the past: using Ice Age ecosystem reconstructions to assist species forecasts under climate change. Presentation for the 2010 Japan-Canada Academic Consortium. Feb. 15-23, 2010. Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan.
- Roberts, D. R. (Jan. 23, 2010) Predicting potential climate change impacts with bioclimate envelope models: A palaeoecological perspective. Presentation for the 1st Annual Graduate Student Conference for Forestry & Environmental Science in Western North America: “A Sustainable Future” (ConFor West Conference 2010). Jan. 21-23, 2010. Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia, Canada.
- Roberts, D. R. (Aug. 11, 2009) Do climate match and no-analogue climates represent a barrier to bioclimate envelope modelling of future ecosystem projections? Presentation for the Western Forest Genetics Association (WFGA) 2009 Biennial Meeting: Adaptation of Trees to Changing Climate. Aug. 9-13, 2009. Asilomar Conference Center, Asilomar, California, USA.
- Roberts, D. R. & A. Hamann (Mar. 21, 2011) “Ecological niche models: validations, no analogues, and phylogeographic application.” (Poster) EcoChange Project Final Conference: A European Perspective on the Future of Biodiversity and Ecosystems. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland.
- Roberts, D. R. & S. Nielsen (Mar. 21, 2011) How will climate change affect grizzly bear (Ursus arctos horribilis) food resources in western Canada? (Poster) EcoChange Project Final Conference: A European Perspective on the Future of Biodiversity and Ecosystems. Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH), Zurich, Switzerland.
- Roberts, D. R. and A. Hamann (Jul. 3, 2010) Predicting potential climate change impacts with bioclimate envelope models: a palaeoecological perspective. (Poster) 24th International Congress for Conservation Biology. Jul. 3-7, 2010. Shaw Conference Centre, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
- Roberts, D. R. and A. Hamann (Jun. 6, 2008) Recreating Tree Species Habitat and Migration Rates in Western North America Since the Last Glacial Maximum: A Niche Modelling Approach. (Poster) American Quaternary Association (AMQUA) 2008 Biennial Meeting: Quaternary Ice Sheet-Ocean Interactions and Landscape Responses. Jun. 5-8, 2008. Penn-State Conference Center, State College, Pennsylvania, USA.
- Roberts, D. R. and A. Hamann (Mar. 6, 2008) Modelling North American Ecosystems to the Last Ice Age. (Poster) Forest Industry Lecture Series No. 59. Mar. 6, 2008. Meyer Horrowitz Theatre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.